Top 3:
Stills from the films I consider the most visually stimulating. May be due to composition, framing, imagery, lighting, or a combination of these. Feel free to offer recommendations of films you think I would enjoy and let me know what your favourite shot is! New post every Friday.
Friday, 28 February 2014
The Colour of Pomegranates - Sergei Parajanov - Suren Shakhbazyan
The Colour of Pomegranates is all about the visuals. I could have picked almost any Parajanov film here, but I find the visuals of this poetic ode to Sayat Nova (a great Armenian ashik) to be his most visually stunning. I am yet to find films by other directors with compositional styles quite like those displayed here – perhaps the closest I know of is Raoul Ruiz' Hypothesis of a Stolen Painting. This film is readily available on region 2 DVD since the excellent Second Sight released a special edition in 2011. If you enjoy these images I'd highly recommend buying a copy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














































No comments:
Post a Comment