Eraserhead was my entry point into the weird side of cinema and remains one of my favourite films. The nightmarish atmosphere of Lynch's films as so intoxicating and legitimately creepy. Although I think
Inland Empire is his scariest film,
Eraserhead is gives a perfect idea of what Lynch is capable of in less than 3 hours.
Top 3:
 |
| Trademark Lynchian imagery and great chiaroscuro lighting. |
 |
| "So I had an idea for a shot: a man with a baby alien head wearing a suit stands at the side of a stage, twisting a rail, while a large, dead tree on wheels bleeds in the centre." |
 |
| Such an iconic shot. I love how the light shines through Nance's ridiculous hair and the strange, unplaceable expression on his face. |
The rest:
 |
| Lynch has an amazing talent for finding terror in the mundane. |
 |
| Fantastic set design, creating an industrial suburbia from smoke and porches. |
 |
| *shivers* |
 |
| Quite a disorienting shot. |
 |
| Enter the uncanny valley. |
No comments:
Post a Comment